The global objective of this assignment was to step up the technical capacities of members of the risk management unit within customs regarding goods clearance. The mission was aimed at analyzing the existing system and possibly identifying the weaknesses and proposing appropriate improvements, while supporting the IT team of the delegation of Crown Agents in establishing a semi-dynamic system for fraud score estimation and evaluation of revenue losses, with the view to properly targeting risk-prone declarations.The specific objectives of the mission assigned to ModelSis, as defined in the TORs and in the contract are the following :
- Provide the Committee with an efficient risk management tool ;
- Adjust the tables and indicators related to the risks, and their priority in ASYCUDA.
- Strengthen the organization and the entity in charge of managing the risks;
- Adjust an external application or integrate in ASYCUDA a comprehensive dynamic system of risk management from data extracted from ASYCUDA and statistical and econometric analysis software ;
- Create a database and ensure the automatic feeding thereof from the implemented application with the view establishing a unique valuation database of contraveners in Benin customs;
- Train senior customs officers in charge of risk management in the roper use of the system, starting from manuals of procedures to the IT tools established in this connection.